UI / UX Designer
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Experience: 2+ Years
Rate: Commensurate with Experience
Start Date: Immediate
Founded in 2007, TravisMathew draws its inspiration from all aspects of Southern California culture and lifestyle. Our focus on making premier men's apparel for work and play has cemented our foothold in the sportswear world. Over the past several years, TravisMathew has been leading the way in quality and active-wear design. We remain committed to constant innovation and discovery to bring the best to our customers. We're throwing a party, and you're invited.
The UI / UX Developer is responsible for providing guidance and solutions for the organization’s enterprise software platform. This individual will collaborate with various departments to understand product requirements and assist with the development / delivery of ideal solutions. The UI / UX Developer will utilize conceptual scenarios, wireframes, prototypes, design specifications and/or usability testing to verbally and visually communicate the design rationale behind solutions.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute all phases of the web design process including wireframing concepts, creating pixel-perfect visuals and completing final handoff to web development
- Create responsive web designs for multiple contexts and devices (i.e., desktop, mobile, tablet)
- Protype innovative solutions that go beyond interfaces and product specs and incorporate user goals, storyboard and journey maps
- Support user testing including analyzing data, performing A/B testing and assimilating user feedback and activity
- Collaborate with applicable internal teams to ensure successful product design, from concept to production release
- Partner with developers to document and review user interface enhancements
- Perform research to thoroughly understand user motivations, market opportunities and competition
- Demonstrate and maintain a strong point of view supported by design principles and industry trends
- Monitor industry trends, technologies, and standards and apply new graphical trends / tools as they emerge
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc.
- Experience using tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InVision, etc.
- Experience with testing and usability labs, and rapid prototyping
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, “self-starter” environment
- Ability to self-manage during projects and proactively raise issues / concerns to the team
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an affinity for problem-solving
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Design, User Experience, Human-Computer Interaction or related field
- 2+ years’ experience in UX and UI design at a relevant brand or agency
- Digital agency, eCommerce apparel experience, preferred