Finance Operations Manager
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Experience: 7+ Years
Rate: Commensurate with Experience
Start Date: Immediate
Founded in 2007, TravisMathew draws its inspiration from all aspects of Southern California culture and lifestyle. Our focus on making premier men's apparel for work and play has cemented our foothold in the sportswear world. Over the past several years, TravisMathew has been leading the way in quality and active-wear design. We remain committed to constant innovation and discovery to bring the best to our customers. We're throwing a party, and you're invited.
The Manager of Operations Finance will be responsible for partnering with Sr. Leadership of Operations departments to develop strategic and tactical business plans and to provide timely and accurate financial and business performance analysis to assist the Operations Group in its goal of making fact-based decisions. Incumbent is also responsible for defining measures to evaluate how the Operations Group is performing against its strategic and tactical business plans. Incumbent will also be responsible for the accounting function related to the groups supported.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans and coordinates the budget and strategic planning processes for the Operations teams and is involved in presentation of results to executive or regional management.
- Manage timelines and coordinate communication of key financial data points to enable functions to deliver complete and thorough business plans on time.
- Responsible for and manages all aspects of the monthly close process for the Operations groups in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Manage timelines and coordinate communication of key financial data points to enable functions to deliver complete and thorough budgets and forecasts on time.
- Work closely with the Global Supply Chain group to understand past, current and future trends of material pricing, availability and freight-in expenses.
- Oversee and approve target margins for seasonal product and analyze the performance of those margins through product life cycle.
- Analyze and recommend staffing needs and department process changes or improvements within the Finance group.
- Assist with planning and management of annual department operating budget.
- Manage warranty and Excess & Obsolescence process to ensure sales teams have visibility to excess inventory opportunities and cost accounting has information to support inventory reserves.
- Prepares and assists in ad hoc information and analysis for both functional and corporate management.
- Stay connected with current corporate and operations initiatives.
- Ensure current initiatives are being communicated to the appropriate groups.
- Regularly review business processes and procedures and recommend changes to improve their efficiency and/or effectiveness as needed.
- Review and analyze all operations capital spending projects in respect of strategy and budgets for submission to Capital Investment Committee.
- Plan and monitor capital spending.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong understanding of information flows within a manufacturing environment.
- Strong understanding of finance tools, practices, and principles.
- Ability to manage professional staff and related responsibilities.
- Effective communicator with internal and external customers (foreign subsidiaries)
- Understanding of integrated business systems.
- Ability to maintain and improve high level or more difficult business processes.
- Ability to analyze data and detect high-level inconsistencies.
- Ability to manage assigned projects and associated action item lists.
- Ability to be an “out of the box” thinker.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of SAP preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, MS Power Point and MS Excel.
- Able to extract pertinent data from the ERP system to support above duties.
- Must be a self-starter with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to interface with all levels of the organization and is comfortable presenting data to Sr. Management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business required; MBA preferred.
- Minimum 7 years finance experience with heavy emphasis in cost accounting and production/operations analysis and reporting.
- Minimum 2 years leadership experience
- Golf industry experience is a plus.