Sr SAP Business Intelligence Developer
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Experience: 5+ Years
Rate: Commensurate with Experience
Start Date: Immediate
Founded in 2007, TravisMathew draws its inspiration from all aspects of Southern California culture and lifestyle. Our focus on making premier men's apparel for work and play has cemented our foothold in the sportswear world. Over the past several years, TravisMathew has been leading the way in quality and active-wear design. We remain committed to constant innovation and discovery to bring the best to our customers. We're throwing a party, and you're invited.
The Sr. SAP Business Intelligence Developer will assist in developing and resolving routine to complex system, relational database and application problems or opportunities within SAP Business Intelligence (BI) environment. This includes providing technical assistance in identifying, evaluating, design and developing reporting solutions. This position will participate in BW/HANA and front-end reporting projects to address business or system requirements and/or issues. Additionally, this position will perform system support activities including maintenance or creation of: application code, customized calculations and dimensions, processing routines or procedures and report generators. This developer is expected to adhere to development, maintenance and system operations standards. Professionalism, and a strong sense of ownership and responsibility as well as extraordinary communication is imperative to the success of this position.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, configure, implement and support SAP’s Business Intelligence solutions.
- Design, implement and support complex extraction, transformation and loading of SAP BI Data.
- Design, enhance, create business contents in SAP environment (such as SAP HANA Studio, BW, BO and SAP Analytics Cloud) and establish/monitor process chains.
- Support all phases of the project life cycle including analysis, design, development, testing, deployment and post-production support/maintenance.
- Adhere to and enforce established standards and best practices to deliver stable, reliable and highly available solutions.
- Produce technical designs and architectures for development projects.
- Demonstrate effective and collaborative communication with internal team members and Business Partners.
- Identify project tasks and provide accurate estimates for completion of basic business solutions.
- Research and debug potential performance or other system anomalies. (i.e. demonstrate superior problem resolution).
- Create and compile technical documentation including unit, integration, and acceptance test plans, support documentation, end user documentation for delivered solutions and other tasks as assigned by superior.
- Communicate status of projects and initiatives to senior team members.
- Design, Build and Manage projects and reporting solutions to support the Operations organization (eventual specialization).
- Other duties as assigned.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- Ability to work directly with business users to translate functional design into technical specifications.
- Intermediate business process knowledge and ability to provide context to requirements.
- Strong communication skills, oral and written including ability to conduct informal presentations and workshops.
- Strong working knowledge of SAP BI data modeling, data staging, data extraction, and logical/physical database design.
- Strong working knowledge and problem-solving skills related to SAP query designer, Business Objects WebIntelligence, Lumira Designer & Discovery, and SAP Analytics Cloud.
- Intermediate level working knowledge with SAP Analysis for Office, preferred.
- Intermediate level working knowledge with data cleansing, aggregating, transforming and validating the data to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Demonstrate Strong conceptual reasoning and discretionary judgment.
- Intermediate working knowledge with integrating Business Warehouse & Business Objects with non-SAP operational systems & the Information Design Tool.
- SAP HANA and/or S/4 knowledge of Sales, Retail; or Finance
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related subject, or equivalent additional work experience required.
- Minimum 5 years SAP Business Warehouse implementation experience, preferably in a retail environment.
- Courses or certifications in SAP BI solutions preferred.