Master Data Systems Analyst
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Experience: 5+ Years
Rate: Commensurate with Experience
Start Date: Immediate
Founded in 2007, TravisMathew draws its inspiration from all aspects of Southern California culture and lifestyle. Our focus on making premier men's apparel for work and play has cemented our foothold in the sportswear world. Over the past several years, TravisMathew has been leading the way in quality and active-wear design. We remain committed to constant innovation and discovery to bring the best to our customers. We're throwing a party, and you're invited.
Under general supervision, the Master Data Systems Analyst is responsible for gathering all relevant Master Data information related to product lines from R&D, Sales, Manufacturing, Finance, and other departments, analyzing the business process and system requirement impacts, and preparing and entering the appropriate data accurately into the SAP Master Data system for various product lines both domestic and international. Incumbent is responsible for insuring data accuracy through continuous audits and analysis of existing data, and conducting and facilitating project work in conjunction with Master Data processes and product accuracy.
- Responsible for working with other business areas to define requirements needed for new business processes, as well as train all new personnel on department policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the accuracy of system data through process evaluation and conducting regular audits. Identify and implement corrective measures for data or process errors based on audit results and process evaluations.
- Coordinate efforts among the data owners to deliver their data in a timely fashion to the Master Data team so part numbers and material master records can be created efficiently and in a timely fashion.
- Work on projects with various business areas to streamline processes and eliminate waste. These projects would be moderately complex and affect a wide range of cross-functional areas.
- Ensure thorough, complete, and timely communication with all necessary departments to verify completion of commitments, notify all parties of any slippage issues, and provide updates on timelines and responsibilities.
- Prepare appropriate data entry worksheets based on analysis of product specifications, pricing requirements, materials flows, and other relevant factors and understanding of business process and data relationships in SAP.
- Enter data into SAP Master Data and verify 100% accuracy for the following: Material Masters, Routings, Purchasing information records, Global extensions, Product groups, and other related data.
- Assess the need for any changes to SAP configuration or processes to accommodate required business data.
- Execute SAP Cockpit program to generate data for new product lines.
- Demonstrate effective and collaborative communication with internal team members and Business Partners.
- Apply standard department audits and comply with Corporate Audit standards.
- Actively work with peers and manager to develop and document all business process flows and department training documentation.
- Assist in design & development of training procedures and tools.
- Bachelors degree and a minimum of 5 years experience in relevant field.
- Relevant professional certifications (APICS or other as appropriate), or certification in progress a plus.
- Advanced SAP Master Data skills and knowledge of all relevant SAP Master Data setup to include Material Master, Customer Master, Purchasing Master, Storage Locations, Intercompany Purchase Info Records, Routings, Material Determination Codes, etc.
- Knowledge of running mass changes in SAP (MM17) including developing CATTSCRIPTS, table lookups, and analysis tools in SAP for performing data audits.
- Thorough and complete knowledge of industry practices, standards, and techniques, and all Master Data components and business system impacts, preferably in a medium to large manufacturing environment. Will be required to regularly apply the full array of all relevant principles and concepts in execution of duties.
- Thorough systems expertise in desktop & MRP/ERP applications.
- High degree of initiative and ownership, as well as a proven history of delivering results while working with several different departments in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written, including ability to work with business area representatives across all levels to translate business requirements into technical needs.
- Proficiency in MS Excel at an advanced level, including spread sheet creation, editing and exporting to other applications utilizing macros and pivot tables.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Able to work extended hours as needed.
- Solid project management skills.